The Hard Luck Fly Tournament will be held on Saturday, September 25th at the Watts Area on the Lower Illinois River. We will meet in the parking lot between 8:00am and 8:30am. The Tournament will begin at 9:00am and will end at 12:00 noon. Burger and dog lunch will provided.
The Rules are as follows:
1. All participants will arrive at Watts WMU between 8:00am to 8:30am and will donate at least 2 flies to the contest and collect their poker card for the event. No restrictions apply to the type of flies to be donated.
2. Additional flies can be purchased from the remaining flies after all participants have collected their two flies.
3. If you have a favorite fly you may want to bring several to contribute. Flies may be commercially purchased or hand made.
4. Anglers will be paired by most experienced with least experienced to make a team of two.
5. Each participant will purchase at least 2 flies (at $5.00 per fly) to use during the tournament. Team members may consult in making their fly selection. Only tournament purchased flies can be used.
6. Tournament will officially begin at 9:00am and end at 12:00 noon.
7. Awards will be presented for 1) shortest fish, 2) longest fish, 3) most fish, 4) the person who provided the fly that caught the largest fish and 5) best hard luck story.
8. String will be provided to participants to record their catches or a photograph with a scale can be used as a record.
9. Snacks and drinks will be provided at noon. We’ll swap stories, share results and Tournament results will be announced.
10. Contestants can fish for any species.
11. The venue will be limited to public area of the LIR area from Tenkiller dam to just below the Watts cable.