Date: September 26th , 2020
Hard Luck Fly Fishing Contest
Location: Lower Illinois River – Watts WMU
Time: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm noon
Entry Fee: $5.00 per fly
The Hard Luck Fly Tournament will be held on Saturday, September 26th at the Watts Area on the Lower Illinois River from Tenkiller dam to just below the Watts cable.
We will meet in the Parking Lot between 8:00am and 8:30am.
The Tournament will begin at 9:00am and will end at 12:00 noon.
Individually packaged snacks (chips, cookies anddrinks) will be provided around 12:30pm. Lunch will not be provided to respect ongoing health concerns possible with shared meals.
1. All participants will arrive at Watts WMU between 8:00am to 8:30am and will donate at least 2 flies to the contest and collect their poker card* for the event.
2. Each participant will purchase at least 2 flies (at $5.00 per fly) to use during the tournament. Only tournament purchased flies can be used. Additional flies can be purchased from the remaining flies after all participants have collected their two flies.
3. Anglers will be paired by most experienced with least experienced to make a team of two. Team members may consult in making their fly selection.
4. Awards will be presented for: a.) shortest fish, b.) longest fish, c.) most fish,
d.) the person who provided the fly that caught the largest fish, e.) best hard luck story.
5. String will be provided to participants to record their catches or a photograph with a scale can be used as a record. Contestants can fish for any species.
* Tulsa Fly Fishers Outing Poker
Attend a club outing and receive a playing card.
Save these until the May 2021 end of the period for these outings.
Best Poker hand will win a new fly rod.